lunes, 20 de julio de 2009

Vacation Time and Concerts Galore!!!!!

Tomorrow, Tuesday July 21st, I am flying out of Quito, Ecuador and making my way to my homewtown & birthplace, LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA!!! I will be gone for two weeks and will be returning August 4th. I'm taking a well deserved rest and will be heading to some concerts. YIPEEEE!!!! I will be catching 5 concerts. Here they are and a pics of the tickets I bought.



July 22: Elbow (opening: mellowdrone and Jessca Hoop) at the Wiltern





July 24: La Roux (opening IO Echo) at the Troubadour




July 27: Jarvis Cocker (opening: Little Joy) at the Wiltern






July 28: Glasvegas (opening: Ida Maria) at The Music Box/Henry Fonda Theater






July 29: Trashcan Sinatras (opening: Brookville) at the Troubadour
Hope to get pictures at the concerts (though in L.A. they are strict when it comes to pictures of artists).
Apart from the concerts, resting, the beaches, the mountains, the malls, the food visiting old friends, I will be MUSIC SHOPPING!!!! Los Angeles is the mecca of CD/RECORD SHOPS (Amoeba Records, Bleeker Bob's, Rockaway Records, Poobah's just to name a few.) A couple of Record Shows/Conventions are happening in Orange County and I will definitely be there to buy the rarities of alternative music. This is going to be one fun vacation.
I will try to update this blog in the two weeks that I will be gone, if not, enjoy the vacation time.
The radio show will be handled by my good friend Edison Soto who has a radio show of CLassic Rock (with many rarities). He will fill in for me for the next two Saturdays July 25, and August 1 from 8pm till midnight (Ecuadorian Time) with his show El Museo Del Rock. His show will focus on genres that will make El Vagon Alternativo proud. Genres like Proto Punk, Pre-Punk, Post-Punk, Garage Rock etc. Do check him out. His regular show which you can also listen at http://www.lametro.com.ec/ is on Sundays from 5:30pm till 8pm and Mondays from 9:30pm till midnight.

3 comentarios: