domingo, 25 de octubre de 2009

The Return of Motozen!!!!

On Friday October 23, I had the opportunity to sit in on rehearsals of a band that I feel will make a name for themselves here in Ecuador and will do the same outside as well. I am talking about MOTOZEN. I wrote an entry on the band a while back on this blog (check it out). The band have reunited with their original bass player, Raul Arias, and as I was watching them rehearse, I could see and feel that they mesh well together. It's like they never parted. The thing that I did notice is that they have matured more in their sound than they did in the past and that is a positive thing. It was great to hear some tracks that they have not played in a while like "Escapar" or my favorite "Retro". It is so cool to hear the familiar sound that has really captivated me for the last couple of years.

Motozen have a sound that no band here in Ecuador has, which makes me say that they will cause a stir in the local indie scene here in the country. They have that sound that recalls the post punk period of the 80s but sound updated. They also incorporate the garage rock sound.

Iganacio Izquierdo vocalist and guitar player has clearly defined his voice and stage presence. The man is really into the music and you can hear and see it from him. Alejandro Naranjo always impresses me with his guitar skills (the guy rocks!!!). Alejandro Tobar has such an incredible energy behind the drum kit that always makes me toe tap or hop up and down to the rhythm. Raul Arias is what you call one cool bass player. I say this because he knows what he is playing and the same time looks cool while he's doing it!
Motozen will be returning to the Quito stages this week!!!! They will play a concert at the bar Ananké de la Mariscal on the corner of Pinto y Almagro October 29 at 9:00 PM . The cost of the concert is $4. I highly recommend you see the band to understand what I see and hear from them. I guarantee that you will leave the concert with a lasting impression and you will be clamoring to find out when the band will play again.
The pictures that are with this entry, I took Friday night while the band were rehearsing.

Here is also a pic of the poster for the concert. The band will be playing with another band from Quito (who I have done a entry on), Vedette. Again don't miss out on a very cool concert this coming Thursday. you will not regret it!!!!!

1 comentario:

  1. gracias Edwin... estA excelente la resenia y recoe la filisifIa de este retorno...

    ResponderEliminar