jueves, 31 de diciembre de 2009

As 2009 Closes...

Well, there is only a few hours before we say goodbye to 2009. It has been quite a year with so many things happening around the world. Things that come to my mind that has happened, the economic crisis, the black outs here in Quito, the unrest of the people with the current Ecuadorian governement, reuniting with an old friend who I haven't seen in 17 years, my near death experience and subquent operation, my trip to Los Angeles and enjoying a fantastic two weeks and a half, my meeting the Trashcan Sinatras and Andy Chase of Ivy/Brookville, El Vagon Alternativo going online for the world to listen, setting up this blog for reasons of people screwing up the messageboard of El Vagon Alternativo with their negative comments and in turn this blog has been a great success with my fans from all over the world and here in Ecuador, the death of my best friend Edison Soto as a result of a robbery, this and many more too numerous to list.
I look at 2009 as a year where I made many decisions in my life in how I look at things. The decisions I made have been for the better and I feel FANTASTIC in many ways.
2010 will be a fantastic year. The web page will turn 1 year old and I will continue it for a long time. My radio show, El Vagon Alternativo, will turn 12 years old in May and will continue with the best in alternative music. There are other plans that are coming up as to regards with Edison Soto's radio show El Museo del Rock. Stay tuned for that. Plans for me to go visit Los Angeles this coming summer are in place. Concerts galore this summer. Continuing in helping the local Ecuadorian Alternative music scene. Possibly (almost sure) the first edition of the CD: The Best of El Vagon Alternativo for sale.
To my readers I would like to leave you with this thought, always live your life positively. We don't have a lease on life so live it to the fullest. Always think before you act in anything that you do and do it with RESPONSIBILITY. All of you are incredible people and whatever plans and dreams you have, I know that they will be fulfilled. Continue to pass on the word of this website and also the radio show. Have a Happy New year and please be careful when you party tonight with your friends and loved ones. See you in 2010 (hey that's tomorrow!).

Always Alternative,
Edwin

3 comentarios:

  1. bien dicho!
    Ha sido un año extraño, bueno y malo. Pero de todo se aprende y qué bueno que tu cambio haya sido para mejor. Me consta y estoy muy orgullosa de haber estado en todo el proceso para verlo.
    Espero volver a verte pronto, en el nuevo año.
    FELICIDADES EN ESTE NUEVO AÑO!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hey Edwin, Te he seguido desde que tenia 16 años( ahora tengo 24), y dejame decirte que los sábados son buenísimos al escuchar tu programación. Estaré esperando con ansias el cd de la primera edición de los mejor del vagon.
    Buen año para ti tambien edwin, y para todos los seguidores de la programación.

    Saludos,
    Ikki

    ResponderEliminar