viernes, 18 de diciembre de 2009

A Sad And Tremendous Loss: Goodbye to A Friend

This news really hit me hard yesterday. My close and personal friend Edison Soto (Dj of radio Program El Museo Del Rock) died yesterday. It is extremely sad to see him go and the way he went was so unjust. I was Edison's friend for the last 17 years. He was the very first person I met when I arrived in Ecuador. He taught me so much as to how to live here. He taught me the world of his music genres. His show, El Museo del Rock was one of a kind here in Ecuador. The only radio show that played the obscure classic rock genres. His shoes will be hard to fill if there is anyone out there who will. I know he is in a better place and I know he is arm in arm with all the late great rock stars who have passed away. This Sunday, December 20th would have been his 47th birthday. If you get a chance please tune in this Sunday from 5pm to 7pm (his time block: Ecuadorian time) for a special tribute show.All the djs including myself will be hosting his show with some memories and will be playing some the music that made his show very respectable. Tune in at www.lametro.com.ec
Edison you have been a true friend to me and I will miss you deeply. God rest your soul and be sure that I will not let your memory die.

Always Alternative,
Edwin

6 comentarios:

  1. It's a sad day, Edwin.
    I can't believe it.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Paz en la tumba de un maestro del rock. Nuestras condolencias de parte del staff de www.thewildchildren.com

    ResponderEliminar
  3. "I WAS DOWN, BUT NOW IM FLYING
    STRAIGHT ACROSS THE GREAT DIVIDE
    I KNOW YOURE CRYING, BUT ILL STOP YOU CRYING

    WHEN I SEE YOU I SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE"

    Ozzy Osbourne

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Una triste noticia... se le extrañará a este gran hombre.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Se fue una persona increible, pero estara presente cada vez que escuche una cancion de lo que todos nosotros amamos, el Rock.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. La verdad yo hasta ahora no lo créo,solo pasarón pocas horas de que conversamos y el saber ésto me dejo muy golpeado.

    Yo por mí parteestoy agradecido de lo mucho que aprendí de él.>Nuca se molesto por pasarnos horas y horas hablando,a véces me sentía intrigado por sus visiones de la vida,pero prometo que nunca olvidaré sus enseñanzas y seré una mejor persona.

    Como decía él:

    "TU ERES LO QUE SABES Y YO SOY LO QUE Sé"

    Gracias por enseñarme a ser una mejor persona,

    Rest In Peace dear Friend.

    ResponderEliminar